Thursday, October 1, 2009

Productive Wednesday!

I sometimes waste a lot of time on my days off..I sleep in late, blog stalk, watch TV, etc. But this week, I decided I wanted/needed to be a bit more productive than that. I cleaned the apartment on Tuesday (with the exception of putting my folded clothes away..Curt's biggest pet peeve), and it felt great to get that done!

I decided Tues that I wanted to make Pizza Sauce, from scratch. So that was my Wednesday project. (Not sure why I decided to do the messy project the day after cleaning the house..wrong order there!) It took a long time to blanch, peel, and chop tomatoes, and chop onions, and mince garlic, but the result was fantastic! We will now have homemade pizza sauce for the next year! I'm not usually the most domestic person, so I felt great about doing something I've never done before. Totally worth it! We had meatball subs last night to test out the pizza sauce and it was delish! I even got extra ambitious and made Chocolate Chip Zucchini bread which was also very good! I would say I had a productive Wednesday! (Even though I left a heap of dishes in the sink...that will have to be Friday's project :)




Recipe:

Pizza Sauce

6 T. Olive oil

2 c. finely chopped onion

2 T. finely chopped garlic

8 c. tomatoes (Blanch, de-skin, chop small)

12 oz can tomato paste

2 T. oregano

2 t. basil

2 bay leaves

3 T sugar

3 t. salt

Pepper to taste


Bring to boil. Simmer hour (or longer!) Remove bay leaves. Put in containers and freeze.

1 pint=2 pizzas. Yield 6-7 cups.


6 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Yummy! Looks delicious! We're going to have to try some of your amazing sauce sometime;) haha

Greg and Elisha Reese said...

We have a lot of tomatoes that we don't know what to do with. I need the recipe and instructions for that sauce!

Curtis & Ashley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curtis & Ashley said...

I posted the recipe..If you have any questions let me know! I'm also making a Tomato Bisque soup right now..I'll let you know if it's good and give you the recipe! Lis-We'll have to have you guys over sometime and make pizzas. Pizza always sounds good to me!

Greg and Elisha Reese said...

Thanks!!! I'll have to try it.

Alyssa said...

looks yummy im sad im not there with all the fam and my keyboard is broken somehow i really do know english love ya