I'll admit it..I'm one poor blogger. It's not that we just sit around all day everyday (at least Curt doesn't)..it's that I can't even remember what I did yesterday. And the truth is, our lives really aren't glamorous. Most things we do I don't think of as "blog worthy" but you know what? That is real life! And even though there are days when I don't leave the house, don't shower, or can't even answer Curt's daily question of "What did you do today?," I really am satisfied and happy with my life. Being a mother is SO MUCH FUN!! A lot of hard work? Heavens yes (although it would be a lot harder without so much family so close by). But it really is worth every minute. I live to see Brooklyn's smile, to hear her laugh, and to get the occasional cuddle (it's getting more and more rare!) I love the times when I "disobey" Babywise and rock her to sleep. I love watching her light up when Curt gets home from school. I can't get enough of watching her stare at Grandma or Grandpa until they look at her, and then her jumping and going crazy when they look are her. I love watching her develop more coordination and learn more about the world around her. I wasn't always sure if I was going to be content with being a stay-at-home mom, but I certainly am! Although I know that I will have to work some while Curt is in school, there is no where I'd rather be than playing at home with my kid(s). (Plural meaning that we have decided that we want more than one child..someday!) I am looking forward to many more fun, challenging and rewarding experiences of motherhood.
X-ray
6 years ago
1 comment:
Very good description of stay at home motherhood :) Glad you're enjoying it. Wish we lived closer!
Post a Comment