I thoroughly enjoyed 5 months of work-freeness. But unfortunately, money doesn't grow on trees and our bank account was only going the wrong direction. I began looking more seriously for a job in December. Curt ran across an ad in the newspaper classifieds. And less than 2 weeks later, I had a job offer. I am working at the Good Samaritan Society, a long term care center.
And since Lisa told me I should blog about my job, I am following through. I work part-time (2 days one week, 3 days the next..and so on) from 6am-2:30pm. I have now had 4 days on my own (after 5 days of orientation), and so far, it has gone pretty well. But I really am grateful that Curt is going to school so he can provide for the next, oh 40 years or so.
If Brooklyn didn't have the world's best babysitter, I really don't think I could have gone back to work. I'm so grateful that my mom is willing to watch her so Curt and I can have less debt at the end of his school. It is such a blessing. My parents are sacrificing so much (personal space, food, time, energy..you name it) so Curt and I can have a better future and we are soo grateful to them!! I love that I know that Brooke is in good hands while I'm gone, and I love getting home at 2:30 so I can spend all afternoon and evening with her. It's also nice that my job is 5 minutes away from home..I know that I can be home quick if I need to be. In short, I don't believe I was cut out to work full-time for the rest of my life, but I can do part-time for a few years to keep things running. I definitely love motherhood and it's what I want to do forever! But in the meantime, you can find me at Good Sam's (a couple days a week anyways)!
And since Lisa told me I should blog about my job, I am following through. I work part-time (2 days one week, 3 days the next..and so on) from 6am-2:30pm. I have now had 4 days on my own (after 5 days of orientation), and so far, it has gone pretty well. But I really am grateful that Curt is going to school so he can provide for the next, oh 40 years or so.
If Brooklyn didn't have the world's best babysitter, I really don't think I could have gone back to work. I'm so grateful that my mom is willing to watch her so Curt and I can have less debt at the end of his school. It is such a blessing. My parents are sacrificing so much (personal space, food, time, energy..you name it) so Curt and I can have a better future and we are soo grateful to them!! I love that I know that Brooke is in good hands while I'm gone, and I love getting home at 2:30 so I can spend all afternoon and evening with her. It's also nice that my job is 5 minutes away from home..I know that I can be home quick if I need to be. In short, I don't believe I was cut out to work full-time for the rest of my life, but I can do part-time for a few years to keep things running. I definitely love motherhood and it's what I want to do forever! But in the meantime, you can find me at Good Sam's (a couple days a week anyways)!
3 comments:
hahaha, I loved "so he can provide for me for the next, oh 40 years." SO true! It won't be forever that you will work, and you are right you have THE best babysitter!!! Nobody is better than Grandma!!!
Ash, you're such a good mommy and wife! You gotta do what you gotta do :) And I bet your mom loves having Brooklyn all to herself everyday. I know I would!
Post a Comment