Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brooklyn's latest discoveries


  • She learned how to wave a few days ago and thinks it's the greatest! Still a spastic wave and it's adorable!
  • She has two teeth! She got the first one over a month ago and the second came a few weeks later. Still waiting for some top ones to come on down!
  • She loves funny noises. Grandpa taught her to make noise when he wiggles his hand over her mouth and she LOVES the change in pitch. Anytime we put our hand over her mouth she starts "talking" so she can hear herself make crazy noises.
  • When she hears the bath water running, she books it (ok, not that fast since she still only army crawls :) to the bathroom. She loves bath time and can't get enough of it!
  • She went through a phase a couple months ago where she would shake her head "no" all the time. Well, it's back! Tonight, we played a game. I would shake my head "yes" and then she would get a big grin on her face and shake "no." Already being contrary..starting young :)
  • She loves walking along furniture and is getting pretty brave with it (but still cautious enough that I don't have to be right next to her when she's doing it). She is such a scaredy-cat when it comes to standing on her own. As soon as she realizes no one is holding on, she sits down. I'm not sure what's come over her because she used to be such a wild one. But I'm actually grateful that she isn't too much of a dare devil.
  • She has already had her share of bumps and bruises. We've hit that stage and there's no going back. I put her in our bed the other night (she's still not sleeping through the night consistently) and I couldn't sleep very well so I went and slept on the floor. I told Curt she was next to him. Well...apparently she can no longer sleep on the bed. We woke up to a "clunk" followed by screaming. She fell off the bed onto her head and definitely got a nice goose-egg complete with a rug burn. Yeah, definitely no "Parents of the Year" award for us! And on top of that, my parents have hardwood floor upstairs which has led and will lead to many more injuries I am thinking.
She makes us smile and laugh everyday! She has the sweetest disposition and loves to smile at anyone who will smile at her. She is definitely spoiled living by (and with) all of her grandparents and she thrives on attention! Sometimes we just wish she would be sleeping through the night (she is almost 1 afterall), but then we remember how easy of a baby she is and we would have another like her any day! (Ok, not for a while maybe :) We have been SO blessed to have her in our family and couldn't be happier!

4 comments:

Becca Bird said...

Such a great post! I can not believe how big she is. It makes me happy and sad. It's been a LONG time :(

Kellie :) said...

She is growing up so quickly! I just love all the stages as they go through as they grow up. She is such a cutie!

Meredith Shatzer said...

LOVE the new picture up top of you three! Such a cutie!! I can't believe I've never met her!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

She is so beautiful! And I love your picture up top. She sounds so much fun!