Almost another blogless month...BUT not! Seriously, it is really September tomorrow?? Did summer really slip away in a blink?? Yes, yes it did. But lucky for us, Curt still has 3 weeks before school starts back up, and we have a super exciting 10 day trip back east planned, so all fun is not lost!
But going back, oh, a couple months...We will give a hopefully short but don't count on it update:
June:
-Planned a "She's About to Pop" baby girl shower for the girl I visit teach (Oh how I love planning parties!!) -Tate and Madi's high school graduations=lots and lots of parties and way too much food! (Party=food at this house!) -Celebrated my half birthday June 27th (I skipped my b-day last December choosing instead to celebrate in June.) I have wanted to do that my whole life and finally had the patience. The verdict..not very exciting since it's not the real thing. Won't be doing it again! -And spending lots and lots of time with Brooke's adorable cousins Cooper and Sadie (and with my amazing sister..she lives way too far away :(..We had so much fun going to parks, eating WAY too much watermelon (ahem..Brooklyn), playing in the pool in the backyard, countless wagon rides, Spokane Indians baseball game and the list goes on! It was so fun to have Alyssa and her kids here for most of the month of June! We can't wait to go seem them in a week and a half!
July:
-Fun 4th of July (even though Curt had to leave at noon to drive to Boise)..We went out to breakfast, said a hard goodbye to Curt, had a BBQ, and watched fireworks in Coeur d' Alene (of which the highlight was Cooper saying "Whoa, look at that one" repeatedly. Funny kid! -50th birthday for my dad..we didn't have a funny party like we should have but we celebrated with cake and ice cream -Cooper family reunion in Petty Creek Montana. Went hiking, to the lake, Glacier National Park and had tons of fun with extended family! -Hung out with the Fousts in Spokane (spent way too much $$ at Gymboree with addict's mom and Kaylene but got Brooke cute clothes and good deals thanks to Kaylene), watched movies, played games and loved seeing them. St. Louis is too far away. -Talked on the phone lots to Curt (He was gone for 5 weeks for a P.T. internship in Boise) -Celebrated our 3rd Anniversary. Brooke and I flew to visit Curt for a couple days mid-way through and we happened to go on our anniversary! We ate at Cafe Rio, swam at the hotel, ate Cheesecake Factory cheesecake (the best!) and had so much fun as a family! -Hangout out with one of my best friends from college, Annette, while in Boise. It was so fun to see her and be weirdos together like the good ol' days :) -Helped watch my sister-in-law's 4 kids while she was in the hospital for several days to get her gallbladder out (Going from 1 to 5 kids is quite the increase in busy-ness) -Sort-of helping with the kitchen remodel..It looks fantastic! Just a few more final touches and it will be done! My dad is so much better than Bob the Builder (I taught my nephews, Jordan and Tyler, to call him Handy Russ. He hates it, but I love it! -Picked cherries, raspberries and strawberries at Greenbluff (all at different times). Brooklyn is a fruit ADDICT!! -Harvesting garden veggies..the best! -Watched grandpa and Alex do a sprint triathlon in Ellensburg. They both did so good! I wish I could say their motivation was contagious..but not as of yet. We loved cheering them on and were so proud of them.
August:
-Curt came home the night before he told me he was coming home and I was SOO surprised and happy!!! We left early the next morning for the Murphey Reunion in Montana.
-Huckleberry picking in Montana..the most delicious berry in the whole wide world!
-Celebrated my mom's b-day and Curt's 26th b-day...Summer is the time for birthdays! It was so much fun to celebrate. For my mom's, we had navajo tacos at her request and all things strawberry for dessert (This lemonade with strawberry sauce mixed in=SO GOOD!) For Curt's party, we had an ice cream sundae bar with homemade ice cream and it was a hit!
-Family picnic at Manito park, enjoying the beautiful weather and flowers.
-Spending the cool summer nights in my parents gorgeous backyard!
-I've picked up some extra shifts to help pay for our upcoming trip, so amidst all the fun, I have had to work. But since I get off at 2:30, I still have lots of the day to play even on days I work.
-Getting some family pics and Brooke's almost 18 month pictures taken. They all turned out so good! That girl hams it up for the camera (even if she did try running away between every picture!)
So there you have it...Summer in a large nutshell!
If you got to this point, props to you! My attention span wouldn't last that long to read it all :)
If you got to this point, props to you! My attention span wouldn't last that long to read it all :)



3 comments:
Ok seriously need to blog more than once every three months so I can keep up with u! You had a busy and looks like fun summer! I can't see the pics very well on my phone, but they look cute. And I didn't know you got to see netty, that's so fun. Good blog. I liked it. Do it more often :)
Oh I am so glad you posted! I've been thinking about you a lot lately and wondering how you and your cute little family were doing! I'm so glad everything is going well! Brooklyn is getting SO big I still can't believe it. She is very cute! I hope you enjoy your last three weeks with Curtis!
Hold on, just realized your parents remodeled their kitchen?! It looks AWESOME! Go Papa Murphey!
Post a Comment