I have been a terrible blogger, and therefore, a terrible journal-er of this pregnancy. And since it is almost over, I better write down a few things for memory sake. It really has been pretty uneventful, which is a good thing! I have had to have some things more closely monitored just as a precaution since Brooke was so early. But because of that, we pretty much had got to see the babe at every appt up until a couple weeks ago which was fun! The doc tried to do a 3-D ultrasound twice, at 28 weeks (and she didn't cooperate) and again at like 31 weeks (and again she didn't cooperate very much), but I guess that will make it all the more suspenseful what/who she will look like. She sure is not a fan of showing off much of anything..stubborn little girl already! I have felt really good (minus frequent heartburn, but thank goodness for wintergreen tums), up until a couple weeks ago. Then the pressure increased, I started having to focus on walking normal and not waddling, and just lots of lower back pain. Since I have never been this pregnant before, that was all new to me! At my appt 2 weeks ago (36 weeks), the doc checked me for the first time and I was almost 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced. Last week, the exact same. I have had to be on a daily shot since December to thin my blood to prevent clots since I have a DVT after Brooke, and a couple weeks ago, I had to switch to a different shot that is twice a day. Twice a day is much harder to remember than once! I'm really glad to be almost done with them..let's just say I'd much rather give than receive shots :) I'm still not really sure that a contraction feels like, but I think I have been having lots of Braxton Hicks..not painful, just an uncomfortable tightening. I go to the doc today so we'll see if anything has changed (which I doubt). Next week is my last week of work, so really, she can come anytime and although I may not feel mentally ready, I sure do physically! I scheduled an induction for July 23rd (he would start me that night) since my entire family will be in town that week and we have family pictures on the 28th..so ready or not, the longest I'll be pregnant is 18 days! We can't wait to meet our little girl!
This was at 32 weeks (and the only pregnancy picture I have taken so far..I stink!)
Just imagine a significantly larger belly and you get the idea..(Now you don't have to ask Curt for a picture Lisa Marie :)
1 comment:
Hooray she's almost here! But ummm...where's the prego pictures?!! Gees...I can't come see you. Guess I'm gonna have to get Curtis to send me some.
Post a Comment