Thursday, March 28, 2013

St. Patricks Day

When I read this blog post I couldn't help but laugh the whole way through. This pretty much defines the way my family celebrates holidays! And like this holiday Grinch, some might say we go overboard. But we say, why not have an excuse to have fun?? I try not to get overwhelmed trying to do too much, but it isn't hard to put some Leprechaun foot prints on the toilet, dye some milk green, hide some gold coins and have corned beef and cabbage for dinner. In fact, having an idea for dinner without having to think of it myself is quite nice! We had a fun time celebrating St. Patty's day..even if the leprechaun footprints freaked Brooke out and she wouldn't use the bathroom the rest of the day, even after they were gone :) And even if she refused to drink the green milk...my oh my that girl needs to be a little less "stared" (she can't say her c's) of things! I had fun putting together a little treasure hunt for her and making our green themed dinner! And lucky charms for breakfast? Well, with 9 o'clock church we were lucky to eat breakfast at all! Already looking forward to next St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: