Saturday, July 19, 2014

Baby #3

We found out we were expecting baby #3 on March 21st. We actually suspected it before that, due to a missed period and me being waaay tired. Curt and I were on a date that night and decided to pick up a pregnancy test at the store. We were going to wait and do the test in the morning, but while he was busy, I made an impulse decision and hurried and took the test and almost instantly called for Curtis to come. He came in saying, "no you didn't" because we had talked about doing it together. But he wasn't really mad because it read "+." Even though we had thought that would be the case, it still seemed surreal that it actually was real! I was 5 weeks along and we figured the due date to be November 21st, 2014. We celebrated this news with Brynlee (who obviously had no idea what was going on!..Brooke was sleeping over at gma and gpa's)..really great doctor and actually has a sense of humor (unlike my last dr!). Everything looked great, and I had to go back a few times to make sure that everything was good to start blood thinners. I had an ultrasound at about 10 weeks and it was so amazing to see the little fluttering heartbeat. It's an amazing experience that always brings a few tears of wonder and gratitude and excitement. 
This pregnancy has been different from the other two. I was barely sick at all, which was a huge blessing! If I did get sick, it was only occasionally and at night, after putting the kids to bed. I only threw up a handful of times. I was super tired, but that's always the case with pregnancy, and even more so with two little ones and getting ready to move. Luckily, I mustered up enough energy to get everything done as far as moving goes, and had the help of family (another huge blessing!). The only real trouble I've had so far is terrible lower back pain (which I'm mostly contributing to moving and lifting too much). I went to physical therapy a few times, but it really has been so much more tolerable since the moving is over (thankfully!!). 

We had our 20-week ultrasound on Wednesday, July 9th. I always get a little anxious before this one, just hoping and praying that the baby is healthy. Thankfully, everything looked great, which was a big relief! We wanted to wait and find out the gender later that night, so we had the tech put it in an envelope. At dinner, we had everyone pick a pink or blue plate depending on what they thought the baby would be. Everyone chose blue except Sadie, Brynlee (Sadie told her to pick pink), and Grandpa. We opened up the envelope and saw "Girl" with a clear picture! The ultrasound tech had said she got a textbook picture and I would agree! I actually thought it was going to be a boy, just because the pregnancy felt different, but honestly did not hope for one way or the other. We are thrilled at the thought of another sweet baby girl! Brooke was pouty and disappointed when we read it was a girl. I asked her if she was sad that it was a girl or that she had picked the wrong color of plate. Turns out she was sad she had guessed wrong, so we gave her a pink plate and all was well! She has actually been calling the baby a girl or "she" all along, but I kept preparing her for the alternative because I didn't want her to be disappointed if it was a boy. Turns out, all the time I spent telling her that was a waste of time and she got her wish! 

Now to decide on a name...will the "B" tradition continue, or will we try something different?? Suggestions welcome! 

No comments: