Friday, January 16, 2009

It's time..To Spice Up my life!

As I was chatting tonight with my friend Lisa about the woes of the boredom I have been experiencing this semester, she spouted off a list of possible suggestions to fill my time..She said I could spend more time on writing on my blog (I laughed at her), or I could become the best drummer for Wii Rockband (my attention span isn't long enough), or I could do her homework? (Really, all the boredom in the world wouldn't motivate me to do other's homework...ok, maybe if I was paid), or I could take a cooking class with her at BYU called "Food Preparation in the Home." Now, today is the last day to add/drop classes...I thought I should entertain at least one of her ideas, so she looked and sure enough, there was 1 lonely little opening in her section, that just so happened to be on the day (Friday) that my nurse doesn't work at the hospital so it will always be open. And then I remembered how I have never taken even ONE fun class at BYU. With this being my last semester, and time slipping forever away of my college days, I called to run this over with Curtis. He, as always, responded, "You know what you can handle." True, but I wanted more like a, "Yes, do it!" or a "Aren't you already too busy?"..At any rate, with no sure answer from my other half, the decision was up to me! The class does have a $50 class fee, but that will sure save us a lot of money in the long run...I won't have as much time to run to the grocery store in an effort to temporarily relieve my boredom. (I know, I know..I need to come up with some real hobbies, since grocery shopping probably isn't a real one!)

Now for the summary of the long post...I am finally taking a fun class at BYU! It was just meant to be! Not only do I get to be in a class with my best friend (something that hasn't happened since our Freshman year), but we get to eat in class :) and just maybe I'll learn some new skills/recipes that will benefit Curtis as well. A win-win situation ladies and gentlemen! It doesn't get any better than that, now does it?!

Who knows?! I may even become the next Rachel Ray (But please, don't hold your breath!)

3 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Oh Ashie! Look, you actually took two of my suggestions to heart...you blogged and joined the class! Woot! Seriously, I'm so excited, we are going to have so much fun! Can't wait till next week:) Love ya!

Meredith Shatzer said...

That was my favorite class at BYU (maybe next to floral design...)You seriously cook for two hours and then eat everything that everybody made - what could be better!?

Debra said...

Ash I am proud of you. Since even boiling water isn't your specialty I'm quite certain this will be a wonderful class for you and very much appreciated by Curtis. :) Hopefully you can practice what you learn thus helping with the boredom! I love you and I'm so glad you are expanding your horizons. Have fun!!!