Sunday, June 13, 2010

Content

'We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives. We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us...We have to learn to be content with what we are.'
— Marjorie Pay Hinckley"

Being a mom is hard work! I knew it would be going into it, I just didn't realize how hard! It's physically, emotionally and mentally exhausting...and she's only 2 1/2 months old! We have many years of this hard work ahead of us.

I really like this quote. I need to learn to not just be content with who I am, but with where I am in life. We have a lot of changes coming up next month as we move to Spokane, find a new job, school for Curt. I have been worrying about everything including finances, insurance, job searching, interviewing..the list goes on.

I wish I had all the answers for these worries. But since I don't, I need to learn to be content with where I/we are. I am working on increasing my faith in Heavenly Father that everything will work out according to His plan. I'm the kind of person that needs to have everything planned and figured out before moving forward. But that is not how the Lord's plan works and I'm still learning that.

As I read this quote this morning while cuddling my little Brooklyn right up against my chest, I was content. Content to be her mother. Content to have her home and happy. Despite the long nights, frustrations of breast feeding, and utter exhaustion, I am happy with where we are in life.

Yes there are many unknowns ahead, and I'm sure I'll occasionally have a breakdown (it's happened more than I'd like to admit lately), but I hope I will remember to be content with what I am, and where I am.

3 comments:

Violet said...

I have been feeling the same way- and our baby isn't even born yet! haha. We're kind of doing the same thing though, having a baby, moving, Quinn starting school, finding work/insurance/a place to live... all at the same time! It can be overwhelming but sometimes I am grateful that Heavenly Father is in charge because I am sure I would screw it all up if I were! :)

Have a great time in Spokane!

Natalie said...

You're a great mom, and it really does get easier! I love that quote, thanks for sharing. We'll be in Utah the week of the 4th-12th and then again 22-27th so we'll have to find a time that works. I think you're still in the same apts as my sister? I'll be seeing her so I could plan to meet up with you in Provo so you don't have to travel.

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

i love that quote. It is so hard to be content with where we are and what we have bacause we do want all the answers IMMEDIETLEY and the Lord doesn't work that way. My faith has increased so much with Dalin being gone at boot camp right now, and i just want to say that it does get easier. There are days that are harder, but just do waht you are suppose to and the Lord will bless you beyond measure! best of luck!