Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September In a Nutshell

Once again, another month has flown by! September was a fun month for our little family. Here are some of our highlights:


  • Cheering on our BYU Cougars! Brooklyn dressed up so cute for the season opener. We have since told her she needs to cheer louder..they are in need of some serious help!!!
  • Eating some delish food at Pig Out in the Park. Brooklyn was so overstimulated by all the people that there was no way she would take a nap. She loves looking around at people and what is going on.
  • Lots of playing on the play mat. She has really gone crazy with her hands and loves grabbing at everything and looking in the mirror. That thing can occupy her happily for a nice chunk of time!
  • Practicing sitting in the high chair. Since she loves to look around, I figured she would like it and indeed she did! She thought it was great. We won't start feeding her solids for maybe another month or so, but it was good practice for when it will happen.
  • Went to the fair. We watched the hypnotist, looked at the animals, walked through an old train, ate an elephant ear and funnel cake and had lots of fun with grandma and grandma Murphey! We made sure to keep Brooklyn warm as it was a chilly night.
  • Bundled up to stay warm at a CV football game (the Greasy Pig). It was fun to remember the days when I would go to the games with my friends. Brooklyn was liking watching too. She must be my daughter

  • Playing with creepy Halloween decorations, thanks to Grandpa :P
  • Lots of smiling and laughing! She really is such a good baby. The other day Curt said something like, "She's happy in the morning and she's happy at night..are we sure she's your baby?"
  • Celebrating Nana's birthday. (We didn't take any pictures of the cake and candles, but at least we got one with Brooke and Nana together)
  • Sleeping in weird positions (arm up in the air, neck bent back really far, hands over eyes, etc)
  • Enjoying time with daddy! He quit his job a couple weeks before school started to spend some time with us.
  • Taking a day trip to Tri-Cities simply to get donuts at the Spudnut Shop. The donuts weren't as good as Curt remembered but it was fun showing him around the neighborhood I grew up in. And it's always fun to have lots of time to talk (even though I was so tired I might have slept more than chatted :)
  • Going to lots of sporting events..Alex and Nicole's soccer games and Aunt Madi's cross country meets.
  • And let's not forget that this handsome man started his first day of Physical Therapy school! One week down, and many many more to go! (I'm most excited for when he learns massage!)

We are currently loving our 70-80 degree weather and hope it stays for a while! Although I like fall, it means winter is coming (and I sure don't like cold), so sunshine, please stay and play for as long as possible!

3 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Oh Brooklyn looks darling in her Cougars shirt! I love it. Hope school is going good so far for Curtis!

Alyssa said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to see her again. She is changing so much. And when I am home we need to change that high chair cover if we can. Love ya! And, what is Trent and Sam's blog? I cannot get it to work.

Adrie said...

Looks like you had a fun month! It is sad how fast our babies are growing...Brooklynn is adorable. Dr. Ollerton was asking about you the other day.