Monday, October 18, 2010

Happy Girl

Brooklyn is so happy and smiley..it's contagious! Glad we were able to capture her excitement for life!

For journaling sake, here are some things Brooklyn likes:
  • Dogs-Nana and Papa have 2 dogs are Brooklyn watches them and tracks them around the room. Yesterday Nana helped her "pet" the dog and she was SO excited! She was giggling and thought it was great. (Unfortunately, she was a little rough so Millie didn't want to go around her again)
  • TV-Call us bad parents but when she rolls on her side and arches her back so she can see the TV, we don't stop her. She hasn't rolled over yet, but I have a feeling either the TV or the dogs will be the motivating factor for her.
  • Talking-We were at my cousins' soccer game last week and she just talked to herself the entire first half. She has the cutest little voice and it is fun to listen to her "stories"
  • Being sung to-She was hungry and mad last week while we were in Montana and Ty was in the back with her. I told him to sing to her (and it has to be a certain song.."I love Brooklyn, She loves me...") She calmed right down when he started singing. If he stopped, she started crying again. If he changed songs, she would cry..So young, and already she knows what she wants! I love her little personality!
  • Getting someone's attention-She'll stare at someone until they look at her, and then she will smile when she has their attention. It's really cute! Then sometimes, when someone is trying to get her to look at them, she will look everywhere but at the person. I think we are in for some attitude in the upcoming years..Bring it on!
  • Naps-I'm not sure she loves going down for naps, but as soon as she starts rubbing her eyes, we all know it's time to a nap! She almost always goes down really easily. Just wrap her up, put her in her bed, turn on the mobile with music and she's usually out within a few minutes. It's wonderful!
  • Outside-I'm sad it's getting cold out because Brooklyn loves being outside. The other night she woke up screaming (upset tummy I think), and I tried rocking her, walking with her, but what got her to calm down was walking outside (even though it was COLD!) She also loves looking around and being able to see everything that is going on. She's very observant.
  • Sitting-up (with help)-She can sit up by herself for a few seconds, but her balance isn't too good yet so she gets a little tipsy. But she loves to sit up and be able to look all around.
  • Back-seat buddies-She has been spoiled lately with having someone next to her in the back seat of the car. She loves having a buddy, which also means she doesn't like it when she is alone in the back. She is definitely spoiled!
  • Sleeping in our bed-Lately, she hasn't been sleeping the best at night. We have a rule that we don't start her out in bed with us. But if she happens to end up with us in the middle of the night when are both exhausted..that's a different story. So she has ended up in bed with us a few times this past week and she sleeps so good! (But we're not going to make a habit of it..at least I hope not!) She likes herself a cuddle buddy.

1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

She is SO big! I love her from a distance :) I imagine myself kissing her every time I see her cute little face!