Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day makes me happy!

I love celebrating Mother's Day! I have been blessed with so many wonderful women in my life. I am especially grateful for and indebted to my wonderful mother who has sacrificed so much for me, and who has supported me in everything I have ever had an interest in. Now that I have been a mother for just over a year, I wonder how she did everything she did with 6 crazy kids, and I have gained an even greater respect, love and appreciation for her. I am thankful for the mother that she is to me, and for the wonderful grandmother that she is to Brooklyn. It is so much fun to watch how much Brooklyn loves her grandma, and it is wonderful to live so close to my mom and to be able to learn so much from her.

"Motherhood is more than bearing children, though it certainly is that. It is the essence of who we are as women. It defines our very identity, our divine stature and nature, and the unique traits our Father gave us." --Sheri Dew

There is so much joy in motherhood! I am so blessed to be a mother. The hugs, wet kisses, cuddles and cheesy, messy face grins make even the most tiring days so worth it! There is not a job in the world that rivals being a mother. I wouldn't trade it for the world. Happy Mother's Day to all you wonderful moms out there!!



How could you not love this cute little face?!

No comments: