Thursday, November 17, 2011

I'm Thankful...

To finally be catching up on blogging! I decided I should load pics onto the computer so now I can finally catch up from the last month-ish.

We had some fun Halloween celebrations..., Carving pumpkins with grandma and grandpa, Dinner in a Pumpkin for Halloween Eve, decorating sugar cookies with Nana and Papa, Jack-o-Lantern pizza on Halloween and of course, trick-or-treating (at least to a few houses).

And since then, we have been having fun around here, but wishing we could be in PA holding our new nephew, Parker David James. Grandma and Grandpa got to go visit the James,' and we were left home alone. Brooke will be glad to have them home tonight..I'm sure she's bored of just me all day :P

We are SO excited for Christmas and have been listening to Christmas music for weeks now! But of course, we don't forget Thanksgiving. But to everyone who is opposed to all things Christmas before Thanksgiving, here's what I have to say to you: I'm thankful for Christmas..so the holidays go hand in hand if you ask me.

We are excited to drive to Utah (ok..not for the driving part) for Thanksgiving and to celebrate Grandpa Barnes' 90th Birthday..and that's a big deal!


And a Brooke update.. At {almost} 20 months, our little girl is the sweetest bundle of energy and personality!
Recent favs:
  • Climbing up on her highchair and into it (albeit backwards..kinda awkward and dangerous). Today she moved her highchair over to the counter, climbed on it and was reaching into the basket on the counter for an onion saying "apple." I was nice and stopped her. But when we do have apples sitting on the table, most of them have a small mysterious bite removed from them...
  • ELMO...not necessarily a new thing, but oh my, she is obsessed! She loves looking through toy magazines and no matter how small Elmo is, her eyes are instantly drawn to him. It does make me happy though that she appears to have fantastic eyesight (she didn't get that from me). I am already planning her 2nd b-day party in {ahem} 4.5 months. Never too soon to start planning a party if you ask me :)
  • Making all kinds of animals sounds..quack, baa, neigh, meow (more like a whine), tweet, woof (at ANY dog she sees ANYWHERE!)
  • Mimicking pretty much everything! She is our little copycat, in word and action. She is good at saying "thank you" when we ask her to (and occasionally on her own). She says, "nigh nigh," "bye bye," "Tate," "Chase," of course grandma and grandpa, nana and papa...and many others I can't think of. Tonight, Curt patted my leg, so Brooke reached down and patted my leg. Curt is trying to teach her that mom says, "no, no, no" and dad says, "yes, yes, yes." But she is still a momma's girl... When she says "no, no" she scrunches her face and shakes her pointer finger..so funny {at least for now :P}
  • Mostly an awesome sleeper..usually 12 hours at night. She has been teething for months straight, so occasionally she is a little needy and just wants someone to lay by her crib. So we have learned that although the floor is uncomfortable, it is better than lost sleep :-) She has almost 11 teeth (at least that have begun coming through), and the 4 molars were rough...we have gone through a fair share of tylenol :-)
  • She loves reading books, is obsessed with shoes, loves to help with laundry by putting clothes into the washer, or from washer to dryer, loves playing with fresh warm clothes from the dryer, and is great at letting me get stuff done for a solid hour while glazed over watching Sesame Street.
  • Finally enough hair for a decent side pony tail. She doesn't love letting me do it, but I just gotta do it fast! It's the only way I can get her to keep a flower/bow in her hair!
  • Recently, she has developed weird eating habits. She really doesn't eat meals, she just snacks all day. While this is frustrating for us, we know she won't starve herself, and fruit is better than nothing, right?! She almost single-handedly went through a 5lb box of tangerines in the last week or so...she had 3 today...She would actually prefer an orange or grapes over a donut--weirdo! She used to love breads, but now, she really only eats Jimmy John's bread (and she prefers holding the entire loaf)..but at least she has good taste!
  • Still mostly a vegetarian...other than hot dogs and lunchmeat, and occasionally, we can sneak in a bite of chicken. Hopefully someday she learns to deal with the texture..until then, I'm sure she is iron-deficient but what do ya do?!
  • Swimming like a fish and blowing bubbles in the bathtub. She continues to love bath time, and chokes almost nightly drinking from the tub water..gross I know.
  • Un-plugging and trying to plug things in. {Dislike} She loves trying to connect the cord into the laptop and often hides in the corner unplugging the lamp, laptop plug, etc. She also loves holding the laptop on her lap like she is so grown up. If she is being quiet in the living room, I can almost guarantee she has the laptop (and if I hear a thud, that's a good indication as well). She's our little tech girl :)
(Ok, so I'm actually not caught up on blogging since I wrote this like a month ago and haven't written since..oops)

No comments: