Monday, December 1, 2008

Thankful!

As always, we went around the table at Thanksgiving dinner and we had to say something that we are thankful for...and I really liked what Curt said. He said he is grateful for cars that allowed us to travel home for the holiday. It was such a fun trip home and there's no place I'd rather be than with family during the Holidays! We ate way too much, slept more than we had all semester :), watched lots of football, played cards like old people, and loved every minute of it all!! We have so many blessings and are grateful for all our wonderful family and friends. The Gospel is such an amazing blessing and I love how it brings us closer together as we remember that we are all brothers and sisters.
As you can see, we are also very thankful for pie! My mom's friend gave us a good idea. Since year after year we are so stuffed after Thanksgiving dinner, we decided to have "Pie Night" the evening before Thanksgiving. As usual there were way too many pies (Is that even possible?!) and so I had a sampler platter of each just like I do every year! The best part of it all?? We had tons of pie after Thanksgiving dinner too so I think "Pie Night" is just a great excuse to eat more pie! So basically, Thanksgiving was great, Black Friday was way too early (Crabby Curtis!) and Christmas break is just around the corner! Three weeks of survival mode with finals and wa la...Christmas will be here! And for those who know me at all, Christmas is what I live for! HAPPY DECEMBER!! :)


This would be my dad and little brothers sleeping outside of Office Depot for Black Friday..crazy kids! I'm glad I didn't get roped into that one!

4 comments:

Jennie and Dalin Nelson said...

yes add pics!! i want to see:) i'm glad that you had a fun thanksgiving:) and whaoo for CHRISTMAS!! love it!! you are crazy about christmas!!!

Lisa Marie said...

I'm thankful for cars too right now...but only because gas has gone way down! We're saving a lot of money because of it...haha. It sounds like a really fun Thanksgiving, I'm glad everything worked out between the two families too:) Thanks for posting!

Debra said...

I love it when you update because it's so fun to hear your take on things and also it helps me feel closer to you guys. You guys are so cute!! Hope you enjoy your surprise tonight! I know what it is!!!! :)I love you!

The Johnsons said...

I have always wondered who the crazy people are that camp out the night of Thanksgiving/Black Friday. Well.... now I know and I happen to be related. Fabulous!! :)