Saturday, September 5, 2009

Oh Happy News!

Yesterday was a good day. My mom is officially done with chemo!!! Yay! She was supposed to have 1 more treatment this coming Friday, but at her Dr. appt yesterday, the doc decided that she was too weak to have the last one, so she is done! Not necessarily the ideal reason for being done, but nevertheless, I'm glad that she will be able to start feeling better sooner. She has been such a trooper for the past 6 months. She really is my hero. Even when she can't get up and down or around without help, she still seems to laugh and keep a good attitude. I know that she has had a really rough go, and it's been hard to not be there to help her as much as I would like, but I'm so extremely grateful for all the family and friends that have been there to help her through this. It has been quite the journey with many lessons learned for all, and I'm grateful for all that I have learned through this process. Life is fragile, but how blessed we are the have the Gospel of Jesus Christ to give us perspective in our lives. I'm grateful for the love of the Savior and that He has helped us through this time.

Mom-I love you so much and can't wait for you to be able to do the things you want to do. You are such an amazing example to me! Thank you for your love and testimony. It's all downhill from here! Love you lots!

And a little shout out to my youngest brother Tate...He wanted to do something for my mom to celebrate the end of chemo so he took on a BIG project. He decided to clean out the garage for my mom so she can park her car in it. (Note: It's been a long time since the car has fit in our garage!) He surprised my mom yesterday and showed her the garage. He texted me some pictures and it look FANTASTIC! Way to go Tate!

2 comments:

Betsy said...

That is exciting news for your mom and your family! I hope she starts feeling better soon. And, what a sweet little brother you have :)

Lisa Marie said...

HOORAY!!! That makes me so happy! I hope she's starting to feel better now:)