Friday, September 11, 2009

Perfect Trip to PA

Since I've already ranted and raved about the part of the trip I didn't like, I should probably write about how the rest of the trip was perfect!! I had so much fun! My only complaint was that it wasn't long enough...but I guess that's part of having a real job. Since this is basically a journal for me, this is going to be long and detailed!

I flew into Philly, and after a bit of difficulty figuring out where Alyssa, Spence, Cooper and Sadie were, and where I was, we finally found each other. I was so happy to meet Miss Sadie for the first time! She really is a beautiful baby and she had the cutest dress on! And of course, Cooper was adorable as always. It didn't take him long to warm up to me...possibly because I came packed with snacks (I know how to win over kids!) We were all tired from traveling so we went to our hotel and chilled. The hotel was in a sweet location, with the Phillies baseball stadium in it's backyard, and there was even a game that night so we could hear all the cheering. We ventured for dinner and then came back to the hotel and watched Coop and Spence swim. Cooper was loving it! It was really cute.

The next morning, we hit the sites in downtown Philly...Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Benjamin Franklin's "house" and his grave, the U.S. mint, and of course had Philly Cheesesteaks. Besides the mint which was super boring, everything else was great! It was really neat to think of all the wonderful American History that happened right there. On the way out of town, we stopped at Valley Forge which was neat (I actually read some signs there :)

And then, my favorite stop of all! Hershey! We went to the Hershey visitor center and took a fun little tour. And then we looked around the gift shops...I have never seen so much chocolate in my life! I was in heaven :) Hopefully next time I go we can visit the Hershey amusement park. It looked fun. After the tour, we headed to the Outlet Malls. We spent most of the time in The Children's Place and can I just say they had SO many cute baby girl clothes?! I just had to buy some for our nieces.

We drove through an awesome storm on the way back to State College! The lightning was huge and so awesome and the thunder super loud! I have never seen a downpour like I saw then. We couldn't even see where we were driving it was coming down so hard, and it lasted longer than the couple minute downpours we have in Utah. It was beautiful!

We got back to State College late and were all exhausted. I do have to say that Alyssa and Spence are very lucky to have two kids that travel so well in the car! I keep telling Alyssa that her kids are little angels to make me wanna have kids, and then mine are going to be little troublemakers...I guess we'll just have to wait and see when that day comes.

We spent the next few days just hanging out and playing. I couldn't get enough of these kiddos! I got to help give Sadie and Cooper baths, and put Cooper to bed one night. He's such a good boy! I read him a story, and then he just cuddled me for a few minutes (my fav!). I put him in his crib, he cuddled his blanket and went right to sleep!

Spence and I wanted to go to a Little League World Series baseball game since it was going down only an hour from their house in Williamsport, PA. We watched Canada vs. Mexico and it was tons of fun! I love baseball! Even Alyssa, who was skeptical about going, had fun. It was free parking, free admission, and free fun! We're glad we went, and I'm thinking they will be going back next year.

I was able to stay home and hold Sadie so Alyssa could go to church. I love how close I feel to heaven when I hold precious newborns. Babies are so wonderful!

Really, the vacation was just such a great time to spend time with Alyssa and Spencer. Spence started school while I was there and Alyssa and I had so much fun just being together as sisters! We really need to live close soon! She has so many talents and things that I want to learn from her. Which reminds me, she taught me how to make jewelry while I was out there, and now I've started jewelry making as a hobby (I'm still in the collection phase as my family calls it :)

Thanks so much Alyssa and Spence for picking me up, taking me back to the airport, and for all the fun in between! I love you guys and can't wait to take another trip out east (with Curtis next time!)

Here are some pics from the trip! My flash drive wouldn't hold the hundreds of pictures taken (imagine that!) so I still have to get some from the James'!


1 comment:

Lisa Marie said...

Aren't nieces and nephews seriously the best?! Looks like you had a good time!