Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Live Each Day to the Fullest

Last week, my cousin passed away at the age of 34. This is part of his obituary:

Justin Bevin Crowther
(October 26, 1975 - November 24, 2009)

Justin Bevin Crowther

“Grizz”

"After a courageous battle with colon cancer, our beloved husband, father, son and brother was taken much too soon at the age of 34, he returned to the loving arms of His Heavenly Father on November 24, 2009.

He was born October 26, 1975 in Salt Lake City. He graduated from Jordan High School in 1994. He served in the Indianapolis, Indiana LDS mission from 1994 to 1996. He worked at UPS, a job he loved, for 13 years. He married the love of his life Kirsten Wheelwright on September 24, 2003 in the Manti Temple. Because of his amazing spirit he was loved and respected by all who knew him."

-His funeral on Saturday was one of peace and comfort. Again I was reminded of the importance of living in the moment and expressing gratitude for my knowledge of the plan of salvation. My uncle said something in his talk I will always remember. He said the only different between a death that is bitter and one that is sweet is knowledge. I'm grateful for the example that Justin set and that he is fulfilling his calling as a missionary on the other side of the veil helping people to gain that knowledge. He will be greatly missed by many.

2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

I'm glad the services were good! He's sounds like a great guy. I'm sorry for his family, but like you said with knowledge comes peace in hard times like this. Hope you're doing good as well! Loves!

Natalie said...

What a beautiful tribute!
You do need to update more about the pregnancy and your lives!! I would love to meet up with you for lunch while I'm in Utah. What days work for you?