Monday, January 4, 2010

Back to the Grind after a Nice Break!

Curt and I were blessed to spend a week at our WA homes this past week. It was so much fun! I hadn't been home since June and we were both ready for a vacay! I had to work Christmas Eve (a night of heck I might add), which made the thought of 9 days off work so much sweeter! Christmas Day was fun, even though I slept half of it. Since I worked the night shift, I was exhausted as always when I got home. I tried staying up for a little bit because Curt was awake and full of energy. But I didn't make it very long and went to bed. Curt woke me up with a delicious Quieche breakfast which I ate while half asleep, but I was awake enough to know it was delish! I went back to sleep for a while longer and finally woke up to see what 'Santa' brought. Curt was dying waiting for me to wake up b/c he couldn't wait for me to open my presents. Curt got a lantern for when we go camping (someday), a CD, movies, and Mario's Winter Olympics for the Wii. He got me a sweet sewing machine! (And the cutest part was how excited he was to use it!) I'm excited to start a new hobby! He also got me a Joann's gift card so I can buy material to make projects. It's going to be fun! We had fun spending the afternoon together and had a delicious Christmas dinner with ham and scalloped potatoes. It was different spending Christmas with just the two of us but in a good way! That night, my family 3-way called me and I was able to talk to and listen to everyone else talk to my brother, Tyler, who is on a mission in Guatemala. I love hearing his giggle and his energy. I miss him!

We flew out to Spokane the next morning. My family is so nice and waited to celebrate Christmas until we got there. We had Christmas Eve the 26th, complete with acting out the birth of Jesus, everyone sharing "talents" (i.e. we don't have any!), singing off tune, playing fun games and eating good food! Christmas morning was fun (especially w/ Cooper and Sadie) and we enjoyed playing with our new presents. My favorite present was a food processor that I'm excited to use and Curt got a nice watch, among other gifts. I love being together with my family and we always have so much fun! I couldn't get enough of Cooper and Sadie! They are absolutely adorable! I am seriously baby hungry, which is a good thing since we have one on the way!

Since we had Christmas on the 27th, we celebrated my b-day on the 29th. Usually I don't let anyone forget my birthday and am constantly reminding them, I really wasn't excited for it this year. Let's just say 23 sounds so old..and even my body feels older! (Which I think is more attributed to pregnancy..at least I hope!) We went out to ice cream that night and ate too much as always.

New Years we went to a Stake Dance that my dad helped with for his calling. Curt and I danced like the good ol' days which was fun. Then we played some games, rang in the New Year and took my mom home since she was tired. We lit off some fireworks at home, and then it was time to sleep. Late nights are harder for us these days..man we're getting old!

The rest of the break was spent playing games, eating, a little sleeping, playing with nieces/nephews, watching football and movies, and just enjoying being with family. The week went by way too fast as it always does, but we loved it all! It was nice to spend time with Curt when he wasn't occupied with school and I wasn't busy with work. I could get used to that..but I won't since he has 3 more years of school ahead!

We drove back with Trent, his fiance, Sam, and Troy..a full car!We spend the night in Montana with my aunt and uncle who are always so good to us! We had fun chatting with them, and as always, they sent us off with a good breakfast! The drive was uneventful (as we hoped), even if I might have had to stop a couple extra times due to something sitting on my bladder, but we made it home nonetheless! (And the boys were surprisingly patient!)

So now we are home, trying to get back in our routine! Alyssa and Spencer are in Utah w/ Spencer's family so they are going to come down to Provo to visit us a couple days this week so I'm looking forward to that! That's all for now (It always ends up longer than I want it to be..but it's so much easier to type than to write all these details in my journal!)

No comments: