Brooklyn Rose
Born April 1st @ 4:56 p.m. by emergency c-section
Weighing in at 5 lbs 1 oz
Measuring 17.5 inches long
It was definitely not the labor and delivery I had hoped for, but nevertheless, we are absolutely and completely in love with our little girl. She played a not-so-funny April's fools joke by arriving nearly 2 months early. I have started a post with the whole story, and I might finish it someday...
Our sweet little Brooklyn is in the NICU, and will be for another 3-4 weeks or so. We love talking to her, holding her, and just staring at her. But at the end of the day, this has been the hardest trial we have ever had to go through. It breaks our hearts to leave her there. We just want our baby home healthy. It has been a roller coaster.
Recently, we were told that the doctors are suspecting she may have cystic fibrosis. The lab results will take about a week, so until then, we don't know anything for sure, and we are hoping for a miracle and exercising more faith than we knew we had. We are asking family and friends to fast on Sunday for Brooklyn and for us. We all need your faith and prayers to make it through this hard time.
Even amidst the ups and downs, we enjoy every minute with Brooklyn. We have been able to hold her daily for the past 3 days and it feels like heaven on earth. She is so sweet and loves being close to her mommy and daddy. We look forward to the times we get to be close to her.
Here are some pictures of the little princess!






Weighing in at 5 lbs 1 oz
Measuring 17.5 inches long
It was definitely not the labor and delivery I had hoped for, but nevertheless, we are absolutely and completely in love with our little girl. She played a not-so-funny April's fools joke by arriving nearly 2 months early. I have started a post with the whole story, and I might finish it someday...
Our sweet little Brooklyn is in the NICU, and will be for another 3-4 weeks or so. We love talking to her, holding her, and just staring at her. But at the end of the day, this has been the hardest trial we have ever had to go through. It breaks our hearts to leave her there. We just want our baby home healthy. It has been a roller coaster.
Recently, we were told that the doctors are suspecting she may have cystic fibrosis. The lab results will take about a week, so until then, we don't know anything for sure, and we are hoping for a miracle and exercising more faith than we knew we had. We are asking family and friends to fast on Sunday for Brooklyn and for us. We all need your faith and prayers to make it through this hard time.
Even amidst the ups and downs, we enjoy every minute with Brooklyn. We have been able to hold her daily for the past 3 days and it feels like heaven on earth. She is so sweet and loves being close to her mommy and daddy. We look forward to the times we get to be close to her.
Here are some pictures of the little princess!
31 comments:
Curtis and Ashley she is so gorgeous! We just want you to know that you are in our thoughts and our prayers and we will be fasting along with your family and friends on Sunday. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
I forgot to add my email address for when you go private kellie6292@comcast.net.
k my email is medontknow99@gmail.com and i'm so excited for you guys. she is so gorgeous and so small!!! our thoughts and prayers are wtih you guys and everythign will work out how it is suppose to. I couldn't imagine going though that. I love that you finally get to hold her. Babies just bring such a great spirit. Best of luck to both of you.
Oh Ashley- you, your husband, and especially your baby girl will be in our prayers. You both have so much faith and that is really going to get you through this rough time. You're in my thoughts and prayers.
My email is jeepsr4girls@gmail.com
We are definately praying for you guys and your sweet little baby! Just remember that the Lord has a plan for all of us and life takes many turns in our road of life. We will for sure fast for your little family. We love you and wish you all the best. Please let us know if we can do anything for you. I know that a c-section is hard in itself without having to worry about the health of your baby. I would like to be able to read your private blog too so my e-mail is chichigrizz@q.com. Thanks! We love you!
We love you guys so much and definitely think you are the strongest people we know. That little girl is the cutest thing on earth. You are in our prayers. Let us know if there is ANYTHING that we can do for you!!! Our email is elishaelainereese@gmail.com
Congrats on your sweet little girl! We have been thinking about you guys and will be praying for your cute little family. Let me know what you need I am more than willing to do anything!!! Also, don't forget to add me to your blog when you go private. Monsonmommy@gmail.com
Ashley and Curtis, you both are so amazing and have so much faith. Your little girl is so cute. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. You will be in our prayers.
My email is karleeggarner@gmail.com I definitely want to continue following your blog. I love you guys!
IT's been a long time since we talked, but I do read your blog and you and your sweet little family are in my prayers. I hope everything works out for you, and I would love to be able to keep up with how you are if that's ok! bigpinkbird01@hotmail.com
Keep up the faith!
Good Luck!
We will definitely be fasting for you guys. Brooklyn is beautiful.
I'd love to keep reading your blog!
nicoole27@gmail.com
Oh, we talked about you a little when I met with Terri today because she knows we know each other. They certainly seem to like you there! :)
Wait what?!? CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so sorry about your little darling (crying my eyes out while reading your blog), and I hope she gets better fast so you can take her home. She is so beautiful!!! I can't even imagine what you guys are going through so take care, I am thinking about you. Email me your email address so I can add you to my blog list adrie_mattinson@yahoo.com and add me to yours when you go private. Thanks,
Adrie
She's beautiful. I would love to still be able to read your blog once you go private. My email is lessa.petrini@gmail.com. Your family and especially little Brooklyn will be in our prayers. And I'll make sure Mike fasts for her on Sunday.
Congrats you guys! she is so beautiful. Your family is in our prayers too. Oh, I wanna keep reading too so my email is danaedd@gmail.com.
She's so beautiful! I've been thinking about you guys and praying for you often. What a roller coaster! If anyone has the faith and strength to pull through this, it's you and Curtis. I will definitely be fasting for you tomorrow
My e-mail address is natshaw@ymail.com
I have been thinking about you a lot this week and hope all is going okay. Brooklyn sure is a cute little girl. I am happy to see you get to hold her now :) I'd love to bring dinner over sometime. We'll be in touch. You are in our prayers and we will be fasting for you this weekend. And also, please add me to your blog list: betsybill@gmail.com
She's so cute!! I'm so glad you guys have gotten to hold her more now! I'm sorry to hear about all the hard stuff you're going through. We will keep you in our prayers! PLEASE let me know if you need anything! And add me to your blog when you go private! romneysummers@gmail.com
I love her! She is so cute! I hate private blogs, but of course, I want to be invited to yours if I have to. Love you!!!
She is so sweet. My thoughts and prayers are with you and her. Let me know if I can do anything.
I don't even know if you knew I read your blog, but I keep up with it, so add me to your list when you go private:
susan4kenny@gmail.com
Oh my goodness, she is absolutely gorgeous. I'm so sorry to hear she came early and may have cystic fibrosis. We're praying for all of you guys! I was shocked to see that you had delivered when I checked your blogged! I hope you really do finish posting about what happened with your delivery. I'm glad you are able to hold your little angel though. I hope the next few weeks fly by so that she can come home with you.
My e-mail address is sharonm@byu.net...I'd love for you to add me!
P.S. I LOVE the little outfit you gave me for Caden. It fit him perfectly for Easter, so I'll be posting pictures on my blog with him wearing it soon. Thank you so much!
I think about you a lot since our babies were due pretty close together. I hope everything is going well. It's amazing how Heavenly Father helps us to get through our hard times. She is very cute. I'd love to be invited when you go private.
kristenhlundberg@gmail.com
She is beautiful, and we hope everything goes well! We will be up in provo soon and I promise to bring you a delicious dinner, you deserve it!
Oh my heck Ashley I had no idea! I haven't seen you forever! Of course you will be in my prayers. Let me know if you need anything at all!!
jrseastman@gmail.com
Love ya!
oh Ashley she is SO cute! I REALLY want to bring you guys dinner SOON! send me an e-mail or give me a call and let me know what works best for you guys. beckerrach@gmail.com 208-819-2440 we are totally thinking and praying for you guys. oh and add me to you private blog.
sorry I didnt realize i was signed into my husbands account. That last comment was from me!
Rachel
Hey Ashley! So sorry to hear about all the craziness, but she is simply beautiful! I would love to continue to follow your cute little blog! My email is kemella11@yahoo.com
She's darling! What an emotional time though. You guys are troupers! I would love to keep reading your blog once it's private. Our email is forrichorforawesome@gmail.com Good luck in the weeks to come!
Congrats she is beautiful. We will keep you guys in our prayers.
kjevans@hotmail.com
Hey Ashley, she is so adorable! I am glad she got here safe! My email is cburr28@gmail.com. Good luck!
Please add me :) charly_0717@yahoo.com
Post a Comment