Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A Series of Unfortunate Events

Our life is comical right now...I couldn't have said that yesterday, but today I've resolved myself to the fact that I am in control of nothing!

I'm just so full of stories lately. Here's the latest. I started to have pretty bad left leg pain on Monday morning. I thought maybe it was a pinched nerve or something. It was a week and a half after the c-section, so I didn't think it would be a complication from that. I took some ibuprofen, and it seemed to get a bit better.

But during Monday night, when I had to get up to pump, my leg was killing me! I could barely walk, and wanted to cry when I put any weight on it. I decided that I should probably call my doctor's office, as my wise sister had advised me the day before. I told them what was going on and they told me to go into the hospital for a doppler ultrasound of my leg. Troy took me to the hospital for the ultrasound since I couldn't drive with the terrible pain. As soon as the ultrasound tech put the doppler on my upper left thigh (where it hurt the worst), she found a clot that went quite a ways down. And then she found another one. So needless to say, I was admitted to the hospital...to the floor that I work on! I am really grateful that the outcome wasn't worse as it could have been.

So they are thinning my blood, and I should be here until tomorrow or Friday, so just a couple days in all. It's nice that I know all the nurses here and they are my friends :-) And the best part of being in the hospital is being close to our baby girl! I have to go down to see her in a wheelchair since I'm on bedrest, but I do love being close to her!

Moral of all the stories I've been blogging about..Don't ever say, "If one more thing goes wrong.." because inevitably it will! Luckily, we have a good perspective on life, we are learning lots, and most of all, we have been blessed with a gorgeous girl! So life is beautiful! Even if currently being spent in a hospital room :)

8 comments:

MeKell and Aaron said...

So sorry about your rotten luck! But at least I got to come up and say hello!! And at least you get to request your nurses ;-) haha. Well, get well soon, I guess!!

Sharon said...

Ashley! I'm so sorry!!! You're in our prayers for sure though. I hope you get better soon, and no more clots form! Those blood thinners work pretty good though :)

Natalie said...

I'm sorry! As soon as you said leg pain, I had blood clot flashing in my brain. I'm so glad you got in before it traveled any further. I'm glad you can at least be in such a comfortable environment :)

Adrie said...

I was there yesterday doing my clinicals, if I had only known I would have came and seen you. I am so sorry about everything you guys are going through, and I envy you for staying so positive through it all. Get better!

Aubrey Jane said...

Ashley, you have the best attitude, but that is so random! I hope you are able to be home soon and I'm so happy that your Mom is coming tomorrow :).

Iliana said...

You're awesome Ashley. Keep on keeping on... and love that little girl and forget about all the craziness.

Lessa said...

Oh drat! I am sorry for your series of unfortunate events, but impressed by your awesome attitude. And yes, you do have one gorgeous girlie.

Romney said...

Ashley, I cannot believe you had a blood clot!! As soon as I read leg pain I knew what you were going to say!! I hope you are doing better!! I'm impressed with how positive you have been through all this! I would have been a wreck! Good luck!