I have thought for several weeks now how I should probably update the blog but I get overwhelmed too easily. Well, three weeks later there is even more to post about so I better start now!
On July 22nd, we packed our apartment into a Uhaul trailer and the back of Curt's uncles truck and said goodbye to Provo. We loved our time at BYU and it was such a huge and important part of our lives and it was sad to say goodbye. But we will definitely be back to visit and to show Brooklyn where she was born and where we fell in love. We went up to Bountiful to get an hour closer to Spokane that night and hung out with Curt's awesome Aunt Tara.
We left Friday morning to make the drive. It's always a little stressful driving with a baby since you don't know if it is going to be a good or bad day. Well, luckily Brooklyn was an awesome traveler and it made the trip go by pretty fast. She pretty much just ate when we stopped (and just one extra time) until the last hour of the drive..and then she was done! She was not such a happy camper but we were sick of being in the car too so you can't blame her!
Curt's aunt and uncle, Tina and Rob, were so so kind to drive their truck and pull the trailer up so we didn't have to rent a moving truck. It was so nice that we were able to be together and that I didn't have to drive all the way (don't think I could have done it!). We unloaded everything into the basement and storage unit that night (with lots of help!) and were glad to finally be moved!
Brooklyn slept in her own room for the 1st time that night, and she did great! My dad, mom and Tate had the walls painted in her room and ours and everything ready for us to move in. It was soo nice of them to do that!! Brooklyn's room is adorable! I still have to get it decorate before I post pictures but I LOVE IT!
We are still working on settling in and unpacking. We have been busy busy!
Sadly, we didn't take any moving pictures (too stressed and busy to think of that apparently so no pics for once!)
Sadly, we didn't take any moving pictures (too stressed and busy to think of that apparently so no pics for once!)
1 comment:
Oh don't you just love moving?! I'm so glad she did well on the trip!
Post a Comment