Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"I Voted"

In the {now} infamous state of Washington, we don't actually get an "I Voted" sticker. Everyone votes by absentee ballot, which is actually quite lame and a bit anti-climactic. Since the voting was in and of itself not super exciting (especially knowing nothing we wanted was going to go our way anyways in WA), we decided to have a fun Election themed dinner. Oh how we love our themed dinner parties around here!

So we wore our red, white and blue while we prepared our patriotic dinner and listened to Fox News reporting on the election results. The dinner was a success! Unfortunately, the more serious issues we were hoping for were not, which did put a bit of a damper on our dinner/dessert. Darn it. But we will move forward and hope and pray for the best.

Infants are so much easier to take pictures of!! Toddlers=Impossible! But we tried several times as you can see..At least you can tell we have American Pride!
 If you look closely at our Election Ballot you will see my most favorite detail of the dinner :)
 Brynlee joined us at the dinner table..She looks like she's longing for the days when she can actually eat with us
Don't let this picture fool you..Brooke is our little {almost} vegetarian. She pretty much only eats highly processed meats such as hot dogs and lunch meats..ya know, the kind that are really good for you..ha!)
This cake is so fun!! We are going to have to make it again with different colors for different holidays.
Our little strawberry lover just like her grandma! She downed this in no time!

2 comments:

Karen said...

You guys are so awesome!! I can't believe your patriotic dinner didn't bring in the results we needed! So sad!!!

Lisa Marie said...

I KNEW you guys would be doing that!! I was totally thinking about the Murphey house :)