Thursday, September 19, 2013

Mother's Day

{Super late post..but I figured I should finish it!}

I had such a lovely Mother's Day this year! It's always a whirlwind with 9 o'clock church, but Curt and the girls made me breakfast, and after church, he took some pictures of me and my girlies. And I was able to write letters to Brooke and Bryn. It's a tradition I started this year, and gives me the chance to tell them all the reasons I love being their mommy! We were also able to see both our moms on Mother's Day, and we are lucky so close to both of them.

I'm so grateful to be a mother. Sometimes, when Brooke calls me "Mommy" it seems surreal. And when Bryn lights up and her little legs go kicking when she sees me...these are the days. This is the life! I might not think that every moment, because there are definitely hard things that come with motherhood, but the beautiful moments that arise in my every day life as a mom make every sacrifice, every sleepless night, every poopy diaper, SO worth it!

Sometimes I feel a little guilty about working (because home is really where I want to be), so I make sure that Brooke knows that my favorite job in the world is being a mom. I asked her the other day, "What is my favorite job in the whole wide world?" Instantly she responded, "Being the bestest mommy!" It was so sweet and reminds me that that's exactly what I want to do in life..be the best mom that I can to my beautiful children. I love being a mom, and am so grateful for my mom and the millions of sacrifices that she has made (and continues to) for her children. I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful example to look up to. 

No comments: