Tuesday, November 5, 2013

If this is any indication of what is to come...

Brooke convinced Grandma that she had already napped when she came over to watch the girls {I finally got my hair cut..first time in 8 months!} and man, it made for a 'fun' night! Our sweet little Brooklyn turned into a psychotic, crying, out-of-control little person. She. was. crazy! If this is any indication of what she'll be like as a teenager...we're in trouble! She was crying so hard that even after she stopped, she had a hard time catching her breath. She said, "My hiccups won't go away." Ha! I tried to stick to my guns and not tuck her back in like I had threatened, but I. Just. Couldn't. Do. It. Parenting is so hard! I just had to snuggle her to help her calm down. And then I let her call grandpa. She told him, "I can't skip my nap anymore." And because she's spoiled, grandma and grandpa came up to tell her goodnight. She went right to sleep after that. I'm so not good at tough love...I'd rather have cuddles. I love being a mom, but sometimes I  feel torn between helping my kids feel loved vs. teaching a lesson. One of the many challenges of parenting! Sure do love sweet Brooklyn and hoping she'll be back tomorrow after a good night's sleep!

No comments: