Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Winter Sickies

Usually I blog about how life is just peachy (and it usually is pretty dang good), but winter sometimes gets the best of us. As I write, it kills me to hear my little girls coughing so hard during their naps. Sick kids make me so sad. Brooke has been spiking a fever randomly (like 4 times in like a month), so I took her to the dr. today to see if it's something more severe than just a virus. I haven't heard yet, but I'm sure it's just that winter just kinda stinks. Between the two girls, I have been awake no less than 5 times every night for the past week. It's taking a toll on my mental health and I'm often on the verge of tears. And even when I try to be nice in the middle of the night because I know they are sick, I don't always succeed. Sometimes I'm just too tired to deal with it the nice way. But..on the flip side, I am so so very grateful that I get to be the one to snuggle this precious little girls when they need it most. I feel blessed that I am so needed in their lives. A few nights ago, Bryn was having a rough night and I went in and scooped her up her body just molded into me. It was honestly one of the sweetest feelings I've ever had. I felt enveloped by her love. I rocked her and my heart was full. So amongst the sickness and sadness that comes with sickness, I'm grateful for the ray of sunshine. For the extra snuggles and hugs, and especially how it has helped me to appreciate the times when we are healthy (which is most of the time, thankfully). I'm really trying to work on figuring out what I need to learn, in the midst of a trial. Not just waiting for it to be over. It has helped me to see the love of our Heavenly Father during hard times and to be grateful for this life of growth and progression. I have a long way to go, but I'm grateful for the journey.

No comments: