The girls and I got back last week from a two and a half week trip to Utah. And we had FUN! While we were there, my mom, sister and I went to an awesome Pinner's Conference, where my sister-in-law presented a class on Journaling. It inspired me to be a better journaler, but since we've been home so far I haven't actually followed through with my big dreams! So here's to better documenting my daily ins and outs, feelings and happenings!
Our Utah trip was filled with fun. One of the things I love most about being a mom is the energy my little girls bring into my life. Brooke has an excitement for life that fills me with joy! As fall approached, she noticed every changing leaf, and pointed them out to me so excitedly. And she had so much fun playing in the leaves with her cousins. I am so grateful for the fun we had with my sister and her family! The time went so fast because we were busy having such a good time. After the kids were in bed, we played games, something I've really missed (we haven't done it often since having kids). We went to the dollar movie theater a couple times with the kids (they were in heaven), and Brooke now loves the Smurfs (I thought it was a little weird, but I was just glad she wasn't scared!) Bryn learned to say/recognize "Jeshus" while we were down there after looking at pictures of Jesus in the hall during church (yes, we spend some time in the hall with that curly haired cutie!). Much of our fun was documented in pictures, as always!
 |
| The BYU Homecoming parade...so awesome! The kids were way into it and loved the candy! My mom and I were able to go to the homecoming game that night with Troy and Tyler and it brought back so many memories from "the good ol' days." (Thanks Alyssa and Spencer for watching my girls). There is such a fun excitement with homecoming weekend and we loved being a part of it all! |
 |
| The kids played dress up, and had some serious fun in the leaves! 5 kids made for some pretty crazy bath nights. Cousins are just so much fun! (It took Brynlee a while but she finally {kinda} bonded with her uncles! Ohh how she's a momma's girl!) |
 |
| There was so much to do at Hee Haw's farm..a hay ride (Brooke's personal fav), a corn maze, awesome slide, corn pit, petting zoo, horse ride...ahh so much fun! We also enjoyed making/decorating sugar cookies and haunted houses. And we might have liked eating them too :) |
 |
| We knew Boo at the Zoo would be insane (and it was) so we went to the Zoo on a calmer day to see all the animals. Brynlee learned what a monkey says and if you ask her, she says, "ah, ah, ah." It's quite adorable! It was a gorgeous day and we loved enjoying the sunshine! Zoos are always so much fun with the excitement of kids. |
 |
| Way too early in the morning we threw some costumes together from the dress up box and headed to the Zoo again. Seriously, it was INSANE! SO MANY people. If I lived there, it would be more like a every few years thing (long enough to forget how crazy it was) but we were glad we went. The kids loved trick-or-treating and the cats were out on the prowl (something that apparently doesn't happen often.) It was pretty awesome to see the tiger pacing and hear it's growl. Brynlee was totally unamused that we woke her up for such chaos and her expression showed it for a good half hour (it's the longest she's ever stayed still for haha). The kids loved their candy and we were {mostly} glad we woke up at the crack of dawn for it :) |
 |
After the zoo, we just weren't quite worn out enough (ha!) so we stopped at my favorite temple to "bride watch" and enjoy the lovely views. Brooke really loves the temple and it's always fun to take her there and tell her about when daddy and I were married.
Our entire trip was so full of fun! I love hanging out with my sister and niece/nephews. And it was fun with to see my brothers as well. Grandma spoiled the kids during the trip and Brooke is always talking about going to Utah again (although I'm not ready for the drive again anytime soon!) Thanks James' for the fun trip!! |
No comments:
Post a Comment