- We were married in the Salt Lake Temple on July19th, 2008! It was a beautiful day and everything was so perfect! We are so grateful for the support of family and friends who shared our special day with us!



2. We spent a week honeymooning in Cancun, and it was completely amazing! We spent lots of time in the pool, the ocean and checking out some sites. We visited Chichen Itza and went snorkeling. The resort was fabulous and we enjoyed every minute!
3. We spent 8 hours at the airport the day we were supposed to fly back to Salt Lake as we waited for the update on our flight...finally, it was canceled due to a smoke detector that wasn't working properly in the back of the plane. We ended up with a free night in Mexico and free meals, so it wasn't all bad! We got home on a Tuesday night, did laundry, repacked and drove to Spokane the next day, so it was a bit hectic!
4. We had an amazing reception in Spokane, complete with snow cones, ice cream cones, the most spectacular cake ever and tons of friends and family! It was in my backyard, and was beautiful!! We're so grateful for the all the time that our families put into making it such a wonderful night!
5. Happy Birthday to my amazing husband! Curt turned 23 on August 8th! We celebrated his birthday by...going to Manti for my old roommate's wedding! We went to her sealing, which was really neat! We also went to her luncheon, and then to her reception that night in Orem. So basically, we celebrated Elisha and Greg's wedding more than we celebrated Curt's b-day. But..we celebrated his b-day on Sunday, so he didn't totally get ripped off! We fell asleep as 9:30 that night watching the Olympics...so I guess we are officially lame married people...haha
6. We had to say goodbye to my sister, brother-in-law and nephew last Saturday night :( Alyssa, Spencer and Cooper left Monday morning on their cross country drive to State College, Pennsylvania where they will spend 4 years while Spencer gets his doctorate at Penn State. It was really hard to say goodbye, since we have been together in Provo for almost 3 years. Curt and I now have a vacation fund, so hopefully we'll be able to go out there at least once (probably only once since our change doesn't add up very fast!) while they are out there. Even though State College is in the middle of nowhere, it is only a few hours away from so many cool places that we want to see like Washington D.C., New York City, Philadelphia, etc, so we are looking forward to that hopefully someday! I told Curtis that I'm going to give myself a trip out there as my graduation present in April..but since we're married now, I suppose we should discuss our finances together! :) Plus, it would be so much more fun if we both went together, so let the savings begin! (Saving money is not my strong point so it's gonna be a challenge!)

7. On a rainy, thunderstormy night we went to the Salt Lake County Fair for the first time ever! As sad as this is, we went only for the food. My best friend, Lisa and her family run the "Tiger Paws" booth at the fair. They sell Navajo Tacos, honey butter tiger paws, and cinnamon sugar tigerpaws. The deep fried-ness was amazing, and I prefer not to think about how many calories we ate. They were sooo delicious and we were happy to finally experience what Lisa had been telling me about for years! Thanks to the Gardner's for the delicious food...you guys are amazing!
8. We celebrated Curt's b-day on Sunday, complete with Curt's dinner request of Philly Cheese steak sandwiches (which actually turned out good..always a nice surprise!) and Turtle cake with ice cream. We turned on the WebCam and my family back home sang to Curtis with me with the candles burning. (I really didn't want to sing alone, so I was happy that my family joined in on the party!) We spent the day watching the Olympics (after church of course), which Curtis wanted to do. It was a fun day and we had lots of fun celebrating his birthday!
9. Saturday was busy, with a new sister breakfast and a USNA social we had a full plate, but we still found time to run to Target and get Curt a banana chair (it's his dream come true). Then we went to Bountiful to spend the afternoon with Grandpa Barnes yesterday! He's such a funny man and we love spending time with him. Even at age 86, he is very meticulous about his lawn and carefully waters his lawn and plants. He took us out to dinner (again, for Curt's b-day..I guess Curt is in the spotlight here!) and we went to McGrath's Fish House at the Gateway mall. He asked Curt several times if he wanted a new pair of jeans from Lucky, but Curtis (for some crazy reason!) said that he didn't need them. Instead, we went to Kohl's and grandpa bought Curt a new pair of gray pinstripe dress pants, a yellow button-up shirt, and a blue polo (none of which go together..we have a little bit of fashion sense!) We spent the night watching the Olympics with grandpa...and I must say that marathons are not that exciting to watch. But since Curt enjoys watching track and field, I suppose I must sacrifice a little and endure it! We also did a little shopping ourselves and Curt got this banana chair...he loves it, and even thought it might not fit the decor of the room, if it makes him happy then why not let him have it right?! (At least for now that's how it works..we'll see if time changes that :)
10. We had an awesome Sunday dinner with our friend Scotty and his family! The food was delicious and we were amazed to hear that most of it was home grown in their garden. After the feast we had a tour of the garden. It looks like a lot of work to me, but Ashley looked like a kid in a candy store. I'm thinking that we're going to need to buy some extra land with our home so we can have a garden!! We finished off the night with some cake and ice cream, ladder golf, and NERTS! Scotty sure knows how to put on a party!
4 comments:
I'm so sad I missed your reception in Spokane it looked like a blast. You looked gorgeous! and your colors and theme were so fun for the summer. I hope you and Curtis had fun on the honeymoon, it definitely looked like it... I think that's a time you will always cherish.
I'll get some prego pics up if you work on getting pregnant. JK, I do need to post some so everyone can see the basketball stomach I have developed
I got my dress from Celestial Selections. Luckily I did order in time! and they are paying for the rush making of my dress. I had my bridesmaids dresses made so that is covered.
I am so sad I missed your reception here I totally spaced it. I feel so bad. but it looked amazing from the pics. I love the colors! its awesome! hope your doing great! oh hey I need your addy so that I can send you our announcement! you can email me it at hotpinkcmt@gmail.com
You looked gorgeous in your dress and the reception looked so cute! I loved your colors! Looks like you two are loving being married!:)
So cute my dear! Everything looked perfect!
Post a Comment