We celebrated our 1 month anniversary on August 19th by eating our wedding cake top! We heard from a bunch of people that it's nasty and gross at a year, and we were craving the cake (since we didn't even eat any on our wedding day, so we ate it! Curt wanted Funfetti for the top layer, and it was way good! Yum yum!
Curt had never hiked the "Y" so we decided it was time. It was my 3rd time hiking it, but for some reason, it was harder than I remembered..(must have eaten too much of that cake!) We forgot our flashlight, so we came down in the dark (there wasn't even a moon!). It was a great FHE activity, and decided it's time to start exercising a little more than once a month :)
My best friend, Lisa, got married on August 22nd in the Manti Temple. Curt and I were able to go to the sealing and it was beautiful! The reception was also very nice. Curt may have been a BIT bored while I was standing in line, but he's a trooper and stayed the whole time with me! What an amazing husband! :) We are so happy for Lisa and Denis! It was so fun to be a part of their happy day!
We thought we would spend a couple hours on Saturday painting some shelves for our apartment....and then 6 hours later we were FINALLY finished! Curt was nice enough to smile for the camera, even though I know he didn't feel like it! Our shelves look a ton nicer, and we were glad to get it all done in one day. We had to rush at the end since our friends Holly, Jeff and their daughter Emma came over for games that night. We had lots of fun with them playing croquet and eating pizookies. Thanks for hanging out with us!
2 comments:
I have never even seen that gate at the Y. Sounds like you are adjusting to married life just fine. I wish we were there to have fun with you, but we are having fun out here too. I'll keep checking up on you! Love you guys!
THat is such a good idea to eat your cake on the one month mark. I remembered having my sisters in the freezer for a year and it looks disgusting. Hmmm if I ever get married I think I might copy that idea! Looks like you and Curtis are doing great! :)
Post a Comment