I'm home sweet home back to Provo after a 3 week long trip to my other home in Spokane. Curt says I can't have two homes but I call them both home, so I guess he's wrong :) It was nice to be home to take care of my mom and to see my family. My parents were down here for graduation, but my mom wasn't doing well. We went straight from the airport in Spokane to the emergency room, followed by 6 days in the hospital. No fun! But I'm glad I was there to keep her company since hospitals are not the most fun places. She had her 4th round of chemo (1/3 done!) on Wednesday, and they lowered her dose. Since she was ending up in the hospital after every dose, I think that was a good call!
I never posted an ode to my mom on Mother's day, but everyone should know that she is an amazing woman! I'm really not sure if I could make it through what she is going through, but she is handling it all with determination. She is the most unselfish mother and would do anything for her kids. I know it's hard for her to rely on others during this trial, but I can feel the strength of her testimony. The outpouring of love from our ward and neighbors has been truly amazing! I am deeply grateful that I know she is being taken care of even when I cannot be there.
Mom- Thank you for your strength and the inspiration you are to me. Thanks for maintaining your sense of humor even when you can barely stand up. Thanks for loving me unconditionally and for teaching me that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is the only source of true happiness. Thanks for coming to my graduation, but even if you hadn't, I still would have known how much you love and support me, because you have done so my entire life. Thanks for being the greatest example of a mother that anyone could ask for! You're my hero!
X-ray
6 years ago
1 comment:
It's true she is amazing. So sweet Ash. Love it.
Post a Comment