While at home, my mom and I were able to work on some projects that I/we had been wanting to do for a while. I wouldn't consider myself a crafty person, but I loved working on these and I loved the feeling of satisfaction with each finished project. Hopefully these are a few of the many projects to come...
1. Magnet Board- My dad made this for me for Christmas, but it needed painted and spiced up. So I painted it black, then my dad sanded the edges and stained them for me. I think it looks great! And since my mom had a ton of wooden shapes in her craft closet, I painted some different pieces for holidays and attached magnets. I am so excited to hang it up in our home!
2. Family Proclamation Frame- My mom gave me The Living Christ version of this, but I have been wanting to make the Proclamation to the Family one with our wedding photos. It was super fast and easy to make. I love that it brings back so many memories and also reminds Curt and I of the values we want to teach our children.
3. Happy Easter Blocks- My mom bought a pattern to make these a while back, and we finally got around to it! (A little late for this year, but I'm excited to put it our next year.) This project was a bit time consuming since we made several sets, but to make one set it doesn't take too long. We also did the same pattern on the back but with the word "SPRING" instead so it can't be displayed for even longer. Super cute and fun! (Pleas excuse the upside-down "S")
4. SUMMER Blocks- Since we were in the block mood, I wanted to make a set for Summer and I thought a watermelon theme would be really cute. I love the colors that I found digging through my mom's scrapbook paper, and just a little plug, the Cricut machine is amazing! The watermelons turned out very cute and we love the finished product!
If anyone has any cute, fun, and easy craft projects, let me know. I doubt my excitement for crafts will last too long so I have to try to keep it alive for as long as possible!
4 comments:
holy crap! i love the projects that you worked on:) i want to know how you did the family proclamation one! i want to do that:) it's so stinking cute!! LOVE IT!
Wow Ash! That's so fun! I love them all!!
Very cute projects! Crafts are so fun when you have the supplies and the motivation. I'm glad to hear you're mom is getting through chemo. What a rough time, I'll keep her in my prayers.
I love the one of the proclamation to the family with your wedding pictures!!! That is dang cute! I know what my next project will be before Deric gets home!!!
Thanks for the comment! I am doing wonderful for the situation! I do keep SPER bus which helps so much! and there is only 81 days left till he gets home! Time is really flying by!! Thanks for wondering about me!!!!!!
Post a Comment