Friday, May 22, 2009

Picnic Not in the Park

Since I got home from WA on Sunday and Curt and I hadn't seen each other for 3 weeks, we wanted to have a fun date. We wanted to have a picnic at the park, but because Curt had class till 6:30 and it was the season finale for Dancing with the Stars at 7, we had to improvise. Instead of a park, we had a picnic in the living room, complete with chicken tenders, pasta salad, cookie salad (Curt's fav), and watermelon. It was a fun picnic and I'm so glad to be home with Curt!

Speaking of being home with Curt, when we got home from the airport Sunday night, the house was spotless, and there were roses on the table and a sweet note. Curt is an amazing husband and I'm so grateful for him! Since he doesn't have class on Tuesday, we were able to spend the whole day together! First, we went scrub shopping, and he helped me pick out lots of cute ones! We then went and saw Grandpa Barnes and went out to lunch with him at Lambs Cafe in downtown Salt Lake. We took a little afternoon nap at Grandpa's house, helped him with some things he needed and then headed out to dinner. We ate at a Greek restaurant called Dasks in Holladay. We had gyros that were delicious, and had fun celebrating 10 months of marriage! The pic is of us with Baklava, a Greek dessert. It wasn't our fav..we're more of the chocolate lover type!

1 comment:

The Mann Family said...

Hey Ashley! I'm so glad I found your blog...I think I saw it a few months ago, but then I couldn't find it again! Anyway, the baby present you gave me is absolutely ADORABLE! Honestly, I think it's my favorite thing I've gotten so far! I absolutely love it! I started writing you a thank you card, but then I realized I don't have your address...if you give it to me, I can still send it though! If not, thank you SO SO much! You are awesome! I love the picnic in the living room too...I'll have to try that! Haha!