Monday, June 8, 2009

Priceless!

2 New tires: $200
1 Alignment: $50
1 Muffler: $303
2 CV joints: $315
1 Starter: $308
Making it to Spokane in time for dinner (and Graduation): PRICELESS!

As you can see, we have had a month of not-so-fun unexpected expenses. They say when it rains it pours! I don't know about you, but I can think of many other things I would rather spend $1200 on rather than new car parts...but as luck would have it, that wasn't meant to be! In preparation for driving to Spokane, we got some things fixed on the car and thought we were ready for the drive. We got in the car to head up to Bountiful for a little jump start so we could leave early the next day when the car started to play tricks on us. It didn't start the first time, but then did the second so we didn't pay too much attention to it even though it had never done it before. I could make this a really long story, but let's just say after a lot of worrying (might I even say freaking out on my part :), we made it to Idaho Falls where instead of a quick bathroom stop and fill-up, we spent 3 hours and $300 dollars on a starter. But even with all that, the truth is we are grateful that we were still able to make it home with only a few hours lost...It really could have been a lot worse, so in hind-sight, we counted our blessings. It was a super quick trip home, but so very worth it!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I can sympathize with you on this one! Car repairs are no fun and our car seems to bring in at least one a month.
Graduation looked fun, I can't believe it's been 4 years for us! I hope you're doing good!!

Lisa Marie said...

Oh yuck! We've had a lot of stupid car things going on right now too...so lame. Let's invent teleportation together so we don't have to deal with this anymore! But seriously, I'm sorry that stinks.

Alyssa said...

But we are glad you got there! It better work for a long time now!