Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Cooper Family Reunion

Montana is one of my favorite places. Maybe because I was born there, but especially because I spent a lot of time there growing up. Grandma and Grandpa Cooper lived up Petty Creek, out in the beautiful forest up a dirt road with the creek running right on their property. It's a gorgeous place and I have many memories of Petty Creek. We have a Cooper Reunion every other summer with my mom's side of the family. Even though Grandma and Grandpa have passed on, their legacy is endless and I love how close I feel to them while at Petty Creek. Curt and I were so glad we got to go to the reunion!! We left late Thursday and got to our destination at 3am. After a short 3 hours of sleep, we were off to the lake. We had so much fun boating, tubing, jet skiing and swimming.

The luau that night was lots of fun! Curt and I slept in our tent (it was the first time we used it outside not inside..a momentous occasion) and even though the air mattress went flat, at least it was more than 3 hours of sleep!

Saturday was spent playing Jeopardy (I represented my family and I'm waaay too competitive!), baseball with 2 person shirts (dangerous game!) and eating.

There were probably about 100 people at the reunion and it was so nice to catch up with cousins I hadn't seen in a long time. I'm so glad we were able to go and am already looking forward to the next one!!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'm still jealous. Maybe next time I'll be able to make it! Looks like it was a ton of fun!