For the past 3 weeks, I've been working nights. I have always been a night person, meaning I like to stay up late...not all night! I actually have enjoyed working nights where it's not quite so face paced (usually), especially since I just started working on my own last week so I feel like it's been a good adjustment. But as far the schedule goes, I feel crazy! I work from 6p-6a and then get home and sleep from about 7a-3p. I have come to find that humans really are made to sleep during the night as I've found that my body is so much more tired working nights and I require more sleep. Even with the crazy schedule I have and only seeing Curt for a couple of hours a day on the days I work (and even then, I'm not very awake and kinda crabby) , I'm so grateful to have a good job! My manager says she plans to have me work 2 weeks of days then 2 weeks of nights...that sounds better to me than all nights so I'll take it! (By the way, don't ask me right now why I went into nursing...Something to do with being kicked and slapped..Needless to say it's been a long night but only 2 hours left!)
X-ray
6 years ago
2 comments:
I hope you made it through the night, I honestly really could not do that...you're amazing! I'm so glad that we have nurses and doctors who are willing to stay up all night and take care of us when we need it:) Keep up the good work Ashie!
Where are you working? And are you enjoying it other than the lack of sleep?! I hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment