Sunday, July 5, 2009

Freedom Festivities

We started out the 4th bright and early, but not nearly as early as Lisa and Denis. They were so nice to invite us down to the perfect spot along the parade route that they had saved since before 5am! The parade was fun, but the highlight was seeing Elder Holland watching the parade with his grand kids. We were glad to know that apostles get to have fun too! Lisa even "sneakily" snapped a few shots of him. We didn't stay for the whole parade because let's face it, they get pretty boring after a while, and it got too hot!


We headed home, took a nap, played the Wii, made a flag cake dessert and then headed up Provo Canyon for a BBQ with Lisa's family. We always have so much fun with her family and they always keep us laughing for sure!


We finished off the night watching the Stadium of Fire fireworks. The 4th of July is such a wonderful time to reflect on the amazing blessings that we enjoy living in this country. I am grateful for the freedom that I have and I'm proud to be an American!!!

3 comments:

The Johnsons said...

Did you see me run past you at lightening speed?! Didn't think so, I was pretty fast! I ran the 10K at the Parade, I'm not even sure you were there when I passed by but it would have been fun to see you. Maybe we will just finally have to hang out in Montana, 600 some odd miles away than here in Utah where we live less than 15 minutes apart. Funny how that happens!

Lori said...

Your cake is so cute! When we lived together I remember waking up all the time to you baking something. You should own your own baking show or something! :) Hope everything is going well!

Natalie said...

What a fun fourth! Everytime I see holiday decorations in the stores I think of you and how much you love decorating for the holidays, your cake is really cute