Last week was a VERY good one! We were deciding which P.T. school we were going to hold a spot at. Curt had to answer UNLV back by last Thursday. He was going to decline and we were going to put money down for the UofU. As he was writing the e-mail to decline the spot, neither of us felt good about it. We knew that if we didn't get into Eastern, that would be where he would want to go. Their deposit to hold the spot was $450, and Utah's was only $100. So we decided to just send the check and not worry about the money. I went to the post office and mailed it and we felt good about that decision.
Well about 20 minutes after I got home from the post office, Curt calls and asks if I'd already mailed the check, which I answered that I had. He was quiet for a moment and I asked, "Why...Did you get into Eastern??!" He told me he'd just gotten an e-mail saying he was accepted into EWU's P.T. program!! I was SOOO excited! So Curt will be flying as an Eagle in the fall!!
We were so excited to let our families know, since they were pulling for this all along. I told my mom and she yelled with excitement! This is an answer to prayers in so many ways. We will be moving to Spokane in June, a few weeks after Brooklyn is born. The program doesn't start until September so we are excited to take a couple vacations this summer, which we will be able to afford because my parents are so generously letting us live with them.We feel so blessed! Curt was accepted into all 4 programs that he interviews at, and it's so relieving to know where and what we'll be doing. I'm so excited to live close to our families. Brooklyn is a lucky girl to get to live by both sets of grandparents!
(And as far as the $450 deposit goes, we cancelled the check and Curt e-mailed UNLV and told them he wouldn't be attending their program. I was just grateful to find out about EWU in time to cancel the check!....What a blessing!!)
7 comments:
that is so exciting Ash! Congrats to you both!!!!
Yeah!! That is so exciting! I'm sad to see you leave though!
omg so exciting!! congrats! that's so much fun!!! good job:)
Congrats you guys! We are so happy for you. It's the best when what you really want is meant to be :)
Congratulations!
Oh my goodness!! CONGRATULATIONS YOU GUYS!! I'm so happy that you will be able to be by your parents. That is so much fun!
Congratulations! That's so exciting! I'm sad I only get to work with you for a little bit longer! :-(
Post a Comment