Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mardi Gras Party!



Ok, so not really a party, but we did have a little taste of Mardi Gras to celebrate it today. Usually I spend too much time wasted on my days off, but luckily my amazing sister gave me some fun ideas to fill my time today! I made Jambalaya and a King Cake (a Mardi Gras dessert).



Both actually turned out really well! We didn't seal the cake edges very well, so it's not the most beautiful, but it didn't affect the taste..I'm sure yours is prettier Lyse :) The jambalaya didn't even give me heart burn, which is always good news. The best part is we have LOTS of leftovers! Curt says we're gonna have to step it up next year with masks and beads and such which I think is a great idea! Thanks Alyssa for sharing your find! Happy Mardi Gras!!!

1 comment:

Romney said...

Looks good! And congrats on the U of U! That's awesome! When do we get to work together again? It's been a while!